Reusable Shopping Bags: Tips to Help You Remember Them
The single use plastic shopping bag has become a popular target of the green movement, and with good reason. Plastic bags are littering our land and polluting our oceans. Reusable shopping bags are a great way to help the environment IF you remember to bring them to the supermarket. Here is a list of tips to help you get into the habit of using your reusable shopping bags…
- Write ‘Bring bags’ on your shopping lists.
- Put your completed list in your reusable shopping bag.
Our shopping bags have a small inside pocket that is ideally suited to keeping your list handy, and it’s also big enough for a change purse.
- Keep an extra bag or two in the glove compartment of your car.
- Keep a spare bag in your coat pocket or handbag. We designed our Wrapsacks totes to fold and zip down to a convenient size.
- Keep your shopping totes by the front door.
- You could hang them right on the doorknob
- Choose bags with colors and designs that suit your personal style. If your bags are accessories, you will be more likely to think of them.
You don’t have to do ALL of these things. If one or two of these strategies helps you change your habits, you are all set. When you use these bags every day, you prevent hundreds of plastic bags from entering the waste stream.